This Policy Statement document defines Our policies demonstrating our responsibilities towards ethical, human rights, social, and environmental practices for businesses in the Diamond, Platinum and/or Gold Jewellery supply chain, as follows:
- Business Ethics: Upholding ethical business practices.
- Human Rights and Social Performance: Upholding fundamental human rights, treating workers and communities fairly and with respect, encouraging a diverse workforce, and providing a safe working environment.
- Environmental Performance: Promoting efficient use of resources and energy, protecting biodiversity and reducing and preventing pollution.
- Management Systems: Complying with Applicable Law, assessing impacts and benefits, establishing policy and plans, and managing business Risks including Contractors, suppliers and partners.
Below are Policy Statements for Our Code of Practices.
- We are committed to conducting our businesses to a high ethical standard, and to ensuring integrity, transparency and conformance with Applicable Law.
- We shall not engage in Bribery and/or corruption.
- We shall not tolerate Money Laundering and/or financing of terrorism.
- We shall adhere to the Kimberley Process Certification System and the World Diamond Council Voluntary System of Warranties.
- We shall fully and accurately disclose the material characteristics of the products that we sell.
- We shall take reasonable measures to ensure the physical integrity and security of product shipments.
- We shall respect commercial confidentiality and data privacy.
HUMAN RIGHTS AND SOCIAL PERFORMANCE
- We believe in and shall respect the fundamental human rights and the dignity of the individual, according to the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- We shall not tolerate the use of Child labour.
- We shall not use any forced, bonded, indentured or prison labour, nor restrict the freedom of movement of employees and dependents.
- We are committed to high standards of Health and safety in our operations.
- We shall not prevent workers from associating freely. Where laws prohibit these freedoms, we shall support parallel means of dialogue.
- We shall not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, caste, national origin, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, union membership, political affiliation, marital status, physical appearance, age, or any other applicable prohibited basis in the workplace, such that all individuals who are “Fit for Work” are accorded equal opportunities and are not discriminated against on the basis of factors unrelated to their ability to perform their job.
- We shall not use corporal punishment under any circumstances and shall prohibit the use of degrading treatment, harassment, abuse, coercion or intimidation in any form.
- We shall adhere to working hours and remuneration legislation, or, where no such legal requirements have been established by law, the prevailing industry standards.
- We shall support the development of communities where we operate, contributing to their social and economic welfare.
- We shall recognize and respect the rights of indigenous peoples and the value of their traditional, cultural and social heritage.
- We shall conduct our business in an environmentally responsible manner.
- We shall manage our environmental footprint by eliminating or minimizing negative environmental impacts.
- We shall ensure the efficiency of our business operations by managing our use of resources and energy.
- We shall adopt practices to enhance biodiversity and reduce negative impacts on biodiversity.
- We shall comply with Applicable laws and publicly state our commitment to the RJC Code of Practices.
- We shall assess our risks, including risks to our business from our business partners, and establish systems that manage and improve ethical, human rights, social and environmental business practices.